[TowerTalk] Towable towers available from the government

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 15 15:51:46 EDT 2013

On 8/15/13 8:57 AM, Crownhaven wrote:
> During my time as a federal government employee, I have seen plenty of
> valuable electronic gear destroyed because those responsible didn't want
> to deal with completing the paperwork to DRMO or surplus the stuff.
> Disgusting.  I was able to donate several virtually new Motorola
> repeaters to amateur radio organizations by doing a little extra work to
> make sure THEY didn't get the sledge hammer.

Yes.. but what charge number did you use for that time?  These days,
those functions are most likely done by a contractor, and most likely a
contractor who accounts for their time in 6 minute increments.  And if
they're non-exempt, there is no such thing as "doing work on your own
time".. the risk of a labor law penalty is too great.