[TowerTalk] Opinions on AB-621 Installation

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Aug 15 18:17:01 EDT 2013

Given the junctions between sections of the AB-577, I would not extend
the mast above the top support point (bracket or buys) with any antenna
load more than a small (VHF yagi or vertical).  AB-577 and AB-621 are
designed to be guyed at the top and several points along the exposed
length.  They are not like an MA-40/MA-550 which are self supporting
with the correct base.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV