[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G

Earl Morse kz8e at wt.net
Sun Aug 18 12:55:12 EDT 2013

Getting to the first set of guys is always the hardest part of installing a pier pin installation.

I tip up the first 20 feet (with the aid of a tractor bucket), tighten up the temporary guys (at 20 feet) to hold the tower in place on the pier pin then stack the next two sections one at a time and which gets me to the first guy point at just above the third section where I can then attach the first permanent guy set which can be plumbed and tightened.

In lieu of having a tractor bucket you would have to tip the first section up onto the pin and then tie it off with temporary guys as you stack the second.

Earl
N8SS

Message: 1