[TowerTalk] Thoughts on Tower lifting cable broken strands

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 22 13:16:38 EDT 2013

There are standards for when a wire rope should be replaced, one from OSHA
https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id=34

another at
http://www.grainnet.com/articles/Inspecting_Wire_Ropes-10905.html

As I read this guidance, you absolutely need to replace the cable,
particularly since the breaks are so close together.

Grant KZ1W