[TowerTalk] Bose 901 Antenna

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Sat Aug 31 11:31:15 EDT 2013

Just to make this "TowerTalk" compatible, consider the 901s a close-spaced,
collinear acoustic radiator -- the frequencies are lower, but the math is
the same.  And it depended on near-field environmental interference, rather
than this being a detriment as it usually is with our RF radiators.

I still have my original 901s -- the biggest issue was placement, especially
with my first wife.  I also have my original kit-built Dynaco Stereo 120,
built to drive the 901s which it did well -- and the 901s really were a
breakthrough design.  The equalizer was even SOLID-STATE!  (It wasn't THAT
long ago...)  You should have seen the REALLY original 2201s -- the closest
thing to an acoustic isotropic radiator ever built.

73 -- Larry-- W1DYJ

PS -- I am biased.  Dr. Bose was my Masters Thesis advisor in 1968...