[TowerTalk] Detuning Skirt

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sat Aug 31 16:59:00 EDT 2013

You tune for minimum current in the skirt, at least the ones I've had my
hands on. The tuner and RF sampler is connected between the skirt and
ground. I've assumed that the skirt and tower become *one* due to their
close proximity.

The tuning for minimum is quite sharp, which is fine for an AM station
that never moves frequency. Retuning is required when tower
appurtenances are modified substantially.

It seems to me that in your case you would tune for minimum on your
favorite frequency and hope that there is enough detuning effect over
your desired bandwidth.

-Steve K8LX