[TowerTalk] Change in SWR

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Wed Dec 4 11:22:28 EST 2013

A college party with a theme of Zeno's Paradox was attended by wanna be
scientists, mathematicians, and engineers.  The rules were read aloud at the
start explaining all the boys, in turn, get a shot of whiskey and walk half
the remaining distance to the far side of the room where the girls awaited.
This was to be repeated as needed or desired.

The math and science guys declined and left the area secure in their
knowledge that they would NEVER make it all the way across the room. Some
engineers left and some stayed.  Those staying were convinced that they
would get close enough!

Totally depending on theory and injecting possibly flawed assumptions  to
arrive at THE TRUTH in a universe ruled by chaos might lead you to a
different truth than the truth repetitively observed  in actual operations.
If something works well, meeting reasonable established requirements then
discounting all such observations is not realistic.  It isn't as if someone
is claiming a new gravitational constant, having measured ether drift, or
trisecting an angle with compass and straight edge.

My ball may or may not be shiner than yours but it is shiny enough for me.

Patrick AF5CK