[TowerTalk] from towers to shack

Steven H Sawyers (na0ia) steve at sawyers.org
Sun Dec 8 21:51:14 EST 2013

Under ground is better for lightning protection. The feed lines and
control lines, need to go to the base of the tower, through a
lightning arrestor at the base of the tower), then to the shack. If
they come off the tower high, then they are at a  portion of the
whole lightning potential.

Elevated lines of any kind are subject to deer with antlers snagging them.

de na0ia