[TowerTalk] from towers to shack

Peter Voelpel dj7ww at t-online.de
Tue Dec 10 00:37:46 EST 2013

I use EPCOS surge arresters everywhere.

http://electronicdesign.com/components/stack-component-combines-epcos-surge-
arresters

http://www1.futureelectronics.com/doc/EPCOS/Epcos%20T61-C350X.pdf

73
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: TowerTalk [mailto:towertalk-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of GARY
HUBER
Sent: Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013 06:01
To: Roger (K8RI) on TT; TT TowerTalk
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] from towers to shack

Here's another MOV solution;
http://www.arraysolutions.com/images/SurgeSupressorManual_1.pdf ..... simply

(8 or 16) 65 volt MOVs in a NEMA box. I mounted the 16 terminal version at
the ground window and cable entrance of my shack. The ground window is
bonded to the tower ground system on the outside and is also bonded to the
supplemental and primary system electrical ground systems in accordance with

the National Electrical Code. For coaxial cables, I use bulkhead connectors
to penetrate the ground window (aluminum plate , Plexiglas / plastic ,
aluminum plate sandwich) with ICE co-axial protectors;
http://www.arraysolutions.com/ManualsandAppNotes/AS-3xxManual.pdf

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M