[TowerTalk] RG-149: 50 ohm/70 ohm - does it matter?

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Sat Dec 14 12:10:02 EST 2013

I think a tuner only fools people to think things are working right
(unless you use a Matchbox type tuner and twinlead).

If I have a RG-8X feeder, and I operate a 10 meter CW antenna at 28.900,
the amp may be happy and putting out it's power, but most will be
getting lost on the way to the antenna.

Yes, it will work, but not efficiently.  73
Tom W7WHY