[TowerTalk] RG-149: 50 ohm/70 ohm - does it matter?

Dan Schaaf dan-schaaf at att.net
Sat Dec 14 13:23:32 EST 2013

Tom, the tuner does not fool me. I know exactly what it does. It presents a
50 ohm impedance to my transmitter.

My antennas are resonant at one frequency per band, and of course deviate
from resonance either +/- from that point. So, to get max usefulness across
the band(s) I use the tuner. In my humble opinion, the least amount of
reflected power getting back into my transmitter, the better for longevity
of the transistors.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com