[TowerTalk] Fwd: RG-149: 50 ohm/70 ohm - does it matter?

Michael Tope W4EF at ca.rr.com
Sun Dec 15 23:50:27 EST 2013

On 12/15/2013 5:40 PM, Hans Hammarquist wrote:
> [...]

Yes, that is correct, Hans. The termination of the forward coupled port
in the transformer based coupler determines the impedance where the
reflected port will show a reflected power null. The directional
couplers used in the CATV business use the two transformer technique. At
work when I couldn't find a "black box" directional coupler system model
in the Microwave Office simulation program I created one a quick and
dirty one from a pair of the program's ideal transformer models.

73, Mike W4EF.............