[TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

John Becker johnb3030 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 20 07:18:17 EST 2013

> Tennadyne markets the Slipp-Nott.
 > Does anyone on the reflector have real world experience using this
 > item. Does it really work?
>
> 73
> Dave
> W1CTN

I had one and I had a very bad experience with it. When the mast slips
in the rotor but not in the Slipp-Nott sleeve, the resulting forces are
transmitted through the Slipp-Nott brackets to the rotor U-bolts. In my
case, this caused the U-bolts to fail, leaving the antenna totally free
to rotate in the wind. The Slipp-Nott brackets were totally mangled. On
first glance the Slipp-Nott seems to be a good idea, but when you
analyze what is going on it is a bad design IMHO.

73,

John, K9MM