[TowerTalk] Noise

Tod tod at k0to.us
Fri Dec 20 16:15:46 EST 2013

I am delighted to report that at 9AM local time the power company came to my location, set up their boom truck at the pole we told them was the noise source pole and replaced the three lightning arresters we told them were faulty.

The noise on 40 through 10 is now somewhere below S0 instead of S9+10 dB as it had been since I returned to Idaho in November.

For good measure we solved two other noise problems they had spent several weeks trying to find. We did it in about 24 hours. They only had to make one trip to cure each noise. The other noises we located were causing problems for commercial customers.

Hams still have it!

Tod, K0TO

Sent from my iPad air