[TowerTalk] Rohn 45

Hector Garcia,XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 25 14:56:03 EST 2013

Gregg
Merry Xmas
My idea can be cut the R25 legs about 23 inch from the concrete
later  Weld or  bolt some thick steel angles like  3/8   or 5/16  where I can
attach some 1/2 inch  long bolts  to joint the  flat base of R45
like the ones you can buy on HD or Lowes with the epoxy
the angles need to be welded together  and  adding some extra bolts
with epoxy to the concrete pad can be an extra security
I will do both to be safe
But if you have no experience hire a guy who can cut, make and  weld the base
and can drill the holes  and place those extra bolts correctly with the epoxy.

but is possible going that way  if  the cost is not the correct for you
check removing that concrete  and adding a new one with a short R45 base
sometimes can be  better for mind rest
I made 3 Installations using  2 and 3 R45 sections   up and one half poured in concrete
to install some WIFI equipment and are very solid

Check your options and cost, select what give you more peace of mind

J.Hector Garcia  XE2K / AD6D
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp / El Centro
P.O.Box 73
El Centro CA 92244-0073