[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Rotator Controller XFMR

Kurt Cathcart, KR2C Kurt at KuhlRoad.net
Mon Feb 4 19:31:28 EST 2013

I needed to replace the meter/light transformer on my Hy-Gain Rotator
controller. I selected the part on the Hy-gain site and ordered a new
one. However, they sent me replacement part instead. The new transformer
has 2 green wires on one side and 4 different colors on the other.

The old transformer had only 2 in and 2 out.

I would believe that the green side on the new transformer is the
primary.  Is there a way to be sure as on the old transformer, the green
is secondary.

I tried calling Hy-gain but they seem to be unavailable when I have the
time to call them.

-Kurt
KR2C