[TowerTalk] Delta Loop Beam Calculations

Doug Snowden dougn4ij at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:13:27 EST 2013

I am in the thinking process of building a 2 element 15 meter delta
loop beam. I found some Kirk mounts for a 3 inch boom. All of the
literature I have read suggests reflector = 1030/f   and driven  =
1005/f.  Would that be valid for aluminum (say 1 inch tapered)
elements? Seems like 1005/f is a standard wire formula.  Guess it
might be time to find my MMANA software, remember how to use it  and
see what it says. That is unless there is experience on the list
already.

Doug, N4IJ