[TowerTalk] Station interference Stubs

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 12 17:57:19 EST 2013

On 2/12/2013 12:22 PM, Mike Baker wrote:
> Stubs can do a pretty good job but for 160M the line losses will
> kill you.

NOT if you use the right coax. RG6 is a bad idea for this, but a decent
RG8 or RG213 with solid PE dielectric will kill the 2nd harmonic by 24
dB,  See specific recommendations, tuning instructions, and measured
data  in the Coax and Stubs Q&A, link posted a few hours ago.  I haven't
measured the attenuation of 160M by a shorted 160M stub on an 80M
system, but interpolating from other measurements, I'd guess about 25 dB.

The W3NQN filters are first rate.  I recently finished a survey of all
the contesting bandpass filters I could lay my hands on. Lots of
measured data and analysis, as well as reports from several major
contest clubs on reliability.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/BandpassFilterSurvey.pdf