[TowerTalk] dipole z vs height

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Feb 20 17:01:56 EST 2013

On 2/20/2013 12:47 PM, Dan Maguire wrote:
> I'm a "visual" type guy, so I modeled Jim's 80m dipole at heights above ground from 10 to 30 meters using three different soil conditions.  Here's the picture-worth-a-thousand-words:
> http://ac6la.com/adhoc/80m%20Dipole%20R%20vs%20Height.gif
>
> If you'd like to play with variations on this yourself, contact me off-list and I'll send you the ".weq" model file for use with AutoEZ.
>
> Dan, AC6LA
> http://ac6la.com/
>
> --- On Wed, 2/20/13, Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Here's some sample data from a dipole at 3.68 MHz, with legs
>> 19.646m long, copper wire.

My 80m fan dipole which is 95' on one end and 10 feet on the other is a
tad under 30 ohms , measured.

The 40 m half wave center fed sloper is resonant at 7.200 where Z=402
bur Z ranges 42.56 @7.144 to  a low of 38.76 @ 7.000

Top is roughly 85' angle is roughly 50 deg

I don't have the fan dipole connected at the moment so I can't give
actual numbers.

73

Roger  (K8RI)