[TowerTalk] OT: Phased Verticals with FCPs

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Sun Feb 24 18:45:39 EST 2013

On 02/24/2013 03:28 PM, Marshall Stewart wrote:
> Has anyone put up a phased vertical array with each vertical using a
> separate FCP?
>
> If so, is there anything special about feeding the array?

The feed point impedance for inverted Ls with FCPs (and double Ls,
for that matter) will be different than for ground mounted verticals
with radials on the ground.

That means different L & C values in the matching & switching box.

I wish there were online tools to do that calculation, or software
running on Linux, because I have not quite figured out yet what
the L & C values would have to be for an array of 4 double L
antennas for 80m :)

--
All rights reversed.