[TowerTalk] Water in buried conduit

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Tue Feb 26 10:44:59 EST 2013

How do,

Regarding water in buried conduit: Is it possible that the water is actually condensation that has built up over time?? It would seem to me that if the joints were well glued/connected there should be no water. Years ago I watched as some electricians placed some buried galvanized/rigid/threaded conduit between buildings at a commercial site. After the sections were threaded together they wrapped each joint with some 2" wide tape. Don't know if it was 33/88 type or some kind of rubberized tape. I guess a belt and suspenders approach. YMMV.

73
K9WN