[TowerTalk] Source for 2" OD Mast

EZ Rhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Fri Jan 4 19:17:18 EST 2013

Somebody aught to put together a "TowerTalk Chronicles", or Tower Talk Wiki, or something.  Not that we don't want to be helpful, but these topics do repeat from time to time.  Maybe it would be good to just say "look it up on the Wiki?"

Or just buy Steve's book, heh. :-)

Chris
KF7P

On Jan 4, 2013, at 17:12 , Rick Karlquist wrote:

N2TK, Tony wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Rick Karlquist
> <richard at karlquist.com>wrote:
>
>> Also, pipe is never 2" OD.  So called 2 inch pipe has a 2.375" OD.
>> It won't fit most tower hardware.
>>

> That goes to show how much I don't know about masts. I'm planning to use a
> Rohn TB3 thrust bearing at  the top of the tower -- what tubing OD would I
> specify to a metal dealer to get something that is compatible with the

Clarification:  2 inch TUBING has an OD of 2 inches
So called 2 inch PIPE has an OD of 2 3/8 inches
You want to buy TUBING for a mast.  If what you buy has
an OD of 2 inches, you can be sure it isn't water pipe.
Yes this is confuzing.

Rick N6RK