[TowerTalk] Source for 2" OD Mast

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 4 20:21:27 EST 2013

see my earlier post also.  I forgot to mention A513 DOM tube which has a
little less yield than normalized 4130 with 72kpsi yield at about 40% of
the cost.  I use it when high yield stuff is needed. Jorgensen might
have it, onlinemetals here in Seattle stocks it, pretty convenient for me.

One more thought - wander through SIMS Metal (recycling) on south 1st st
(1900 Monterey)  in San Jose (next door and north of the junk recycling
yard).  I've found 4130 & 4140 which they sell for the usual recycle
$/lb for scrap usable steel.  It's a matter of luck if the stuff is
marked, but worth a try.  Also, there is a lot of aluminum and they sell
new small structural hot rolled steel up to 4x4 square and 6" WF beams.
Sometimes there is a lot of drill pipe which is a pretty strong (and
hard alloy), nice to build 35' masts for stuff.

Grant KZ1W