[TowerTalk] DX Engineering coax prep tool

Kelly Taylor theroadtrip at mts.net
Fri Jan 11 01:22:05 EST 2013

I bought one of the DX Engineering coax prep tools (the black plastic clampy
thingy with the round finger hole).

I¹m using it with the right insert (yellow RG-213) for the right coax
(RG-213), yet the back blade, the one that¹s supposed to take off only the
black jacket, won¹t stop before cutting braid, too. I¹ve backed it out with
the adjustment screw as much as I can and it still cuts braid.

Am I missing something or is this just a POS?

Kelly
ve4xt

-- Listen to THE ROAD TRIP on CJOB every Saturday from 10:00 AM till 12 Noon
Central Time. LIVE STREAMING AUDIO at CJOB.COM. Watch THE ROAD TRIP on Shaw
TV every Sunday on Shaw Winnipeg Channel 9.  Follow us on Twitter
(@RoadTripCJOB) and friend us on Facebook (CJOB road trip)