[TowerTalk] yagi f/b and rx s/n

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Jan 13 16:19:39 EST 2013

The only way to get high F/B ratio on a 2 element
beam is to make it a driven array, rather than
a parasitic (Yagi) array.  For example the ZL special.
You can still use SteppIR components, but you need
two driven elements.  I made a 2 element driven array
for 80 meters using two 40 meter MonstIR elements.
No problem to get high F/B on receive (this was a
receive only antenna).  F/S was also very high.

Your other option of course is to upgrade the 2
element SteppIR to 3 elements.

Rick N6RK