[TowerTalk] HFTA and 15 mts stack

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Jan 16 16:53:59 EST 2013

Do not rely on HFTA for this sort of decision unless your terrain is
really complex, and then only after doing modeling with NEC2 or EZNEC.
The HFTA model is very simplified and, as Billy pointed out, gets iffy
with closer spacing.  To see an extreme case, try 2 x 5 element HF yagis
2 meters apart.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,