[TowerTalk] Cadweld failing to ignite

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Jan 21 19:14:21 EST 2013

On 1/21/2013 5:31 PM, Gene Smar wrote:
> Jonathan:
>
>      Consider this failure a learning experience and try another
> OneShot. Don't risk injuring yourself by fooling around trying to ignite
> a highly exothermic reaction manually.
>
>      Caveat Amateur.

I agree with Gene.
When I said I "don't recommend"
I should have been much more emphatic.

CadWelds(TM) whether "one shot" or the reusable graphite are *dangerous*
under the best of conditions.
Wear proper safety equipment and never get your face near, or over the
charge. Do not look directly at it either as it can be bright enough to
damage your vision. Thermite can burn right through concrete so you'd be
hard pressed to find something that would put it out.  Wearing synthetic
pants and/or shirts when using them is also dangerous.

73

Roger (K8RI)