[TowerTalk] Entry Point for Coax/Cable

rfman45 rfman45 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:48:54 EST 2013

I want to determine the best location for the cables and coax to enter my house for my new tower installation. Many of you have extensive experience in these matters and I would appreciate your thoughts.I have a Ufer ground at the tower will as well have a cadwelded star ground system radiating out from the tower.

The coax and control lines are my concern. There is a house perimenter ground starting outside the shack and going around the outside of the house directly to the telco and electric service entry point ground where it is then tied in to the tower star system. The shack in the house is diagonally opposite the telco and electric utility entry point.

Am I better off bringing the cables into the house via a bulkhead with suppressors tied in to the perimeter ground

A)  right at the telco and electric entry point (relatively close to the tower) and bring the cables then through the basement or

B) further away ( 75 ft or so diagonally opposite point A in the house) where the shack is and run/trench the cables outside to that point.

I thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.

                                         Mike   W2LO