[TowerTalk] Entry Point for Coax/Cable

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jan 31 12:41:52 EST 2013

On 1/30/2013 4:48 PM, rfman45 wrote:
> A)  right at the telco and electric entry point (relatively close to the tower) and bring the cables then through the basement or

Because of the geometry of your particular installation, I would be
inclined to put the entry panel at this location, then extend the coax
runs to the shack by the shortest practical route. Coax should enter on
feed-throughs that are bonded to the conductive panel and to the house
ground, but this panel is NOT necessarily the best place for lightning
arrestors, because the run of coax to the shack can also pick up voltage
and current from the strike. The best place for arrestors is very close
to the protected equipment, so depending on the length of cables inside
the house,I might choose to put them on a second panel closer to the
radios, bonded to that perimeter

The grounding for you home sounds good, but don't forget to include
direct bonds between your shack and the perimeter ground.

73, Jim K9YC