[TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation

SPWoo jj_2_woo at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 21:06:40 EST 2013

I understand all the rave about trapless antennas.  I have one too, a trapless tribander with 3 elements on 20m, 3 elements on 15m, and 4 elements on 10m.  And I have purchased Steve's comparison report and my antenna did well in the test.  FWIW one day I did some tests with a local ham who has a Mosley Pro-67B.  That antenna has been up for over 20 years.  We were neck and neck on most bands.  I was quite surprised at the result.  I understand that there are other variables involved like QTH, etc.  He was thinking about getting a new antenna and I told him don't bother with it.  Why fix something that isn't broken?

Here comes my biggest disappointment- his Mosley covers six bands and my two yagis on a cromoly mast only cover four bands.  On 17m he beats me by four S units as my yagis aren't resonant on 17m.  I haven't been that depressed in a long time!  If I could start over again I would consider the Mosley.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo, W6GX
(970) 646-1711