[TowerTalk] Very new to this

K0DAN k0dan at comcast.net
Tue Jul 2 22:51:28 EDT 2013

It depends on what you buy (follow mfgr specs) however if you are going to
do a house-bracketed tower, see if you can download the Rohn specs for their
Model 25 tower, which, if IRC requires a small pad and allows maybe 20-30'
above the roof bracket, depending on your antenna + wind load. The Rohn
specs may not be the right match for your new tower, but they will help you
understand what is required of you for a qualified installation. All this
assumes your state/local governments won't require you to jump thru other
hoops.

Later comes grounding, choice of antennas, rotor, feedlines, etc., etc.,
however the Rohn specs are easily obtained and will get you in the ballpark.

Also, as plugged by others, the "UP THE TOWER" book
(http://www.championradio.com/UP-THE-TOWER-The-Complete-Guide-To-Tower-Construction.1)
contains a wealth of information...if this is your first tower, the book
will pay for itself many times over.

Good luck and 73

Dan
K0DAN