[TowerTalk] Lightning Protection

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Jul 5 15:30:16 EDT 2013

On 7/5/2013 2:41 PM, James Wolf wrote:

> You should have a good ground system using multiple ground rods extending
> out from the tower base with the coax shield connected to the tower at the
> top and especially the bottom of the tower.  You should also do this at the
> entrance panel where the coax lightning protection devices are located.  The
> old adage still applies, do what you can at the tower and the entrance panel
> takes care of the rest.

Where lightning is concerned, it's very unpredictable so I thik it'd do
all you can and hope for luck to take care of the rest.

The tower here has taken a number of direct strikes with no damage, but
nothing will protect us from a "super strike"

73

Roger (K8RI)

  If you don't have a good radial ground system at