[TowerTalk] static

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Jul 6 15:42:21 EDT 2013

On 7/6/2013 12:40 PM, jcjacobsen at q.com wrote:

> A snippet from Rich:
> < I plan on using a group of Anderson Power Poles for a quick disconnect
> for my rotor cables. >
>
> Rich,
>
> While that sounds like a good idea, I'd like to suggest either a multi-pin Cinch-Jones connector or a connector for a utility trailer. The Pwr-Poles will be hard to keep "straight" as far as 1-1, 2-2, etc. With the others, it's one plug-up. they are polorized, and you're done.

I have to admit that I really dislike the Cinch-Jones connectors after
using them and other types in industry.

I much prefer the "Winchester" type often seen on surplus gear.

OTOH if it's a rotator cable, Hygain has a very nice connector that it
uses on the Tailtwister.  I've converted my Ham series rotators to using
them, They use gold plated pins and are relatively easy to weatherproof.
They are mechanically secure and well worth the effort to install.
To disconnect it's about two turns on the collar and pull them apart.

They're not cheap, but to me, they are well worth the money.

73

Roger (K8RI)