[TowerTalk] Lightning protection and a close one

Larry Loen lwloen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:13:02 EDT 2013

In Arizona, it is positively routine for me to see cloud to ground strikes
where there is no rain.  Now, these do drop directly from clouds, but
still, they are high enough up that (in Minnesota, at least) I would have
not expected to see cloud to ground, especially in the absence of rain,
though there is usually rain "somewhere" in view.

Storm spotters would call the ones I am talking about as "level 3".

Larry Wo0Z