[TowerTalk] big wire beams for 75 meters

floyd koontz wa2wvlfk at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 16 12:46:13 EDT 2013

In New York I also had a 6 element wire beam, at 100 feet,  on europe with switchable polarization. I found when europe first came thru vertical was 3-4 S units better but with in 5 minutes only 1 S unit. 10 minutes later Horizontal started to take over. I belive verticals like the 4quare or SVA open and close the 75 meter band but to europe, but as the optimum angle rises, horizontal is better. The SVA has more gain than a 4square above 30 degees and should be better running contacts in a DX contest.

Floyd   WA2WVL