[TowerTalk] Low power station

Warren Wolff warrenwolff at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 19:51:07 EDT 2013

Message: 1Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:03:43 -0400From: Eric Cary <Ecary2001 at yahoo.com>To: "TowerTalk at contesting.com" <TowerTalk at contesting.com>Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna recommendation for a low power east coastMessage-ID: <2661E85A-3816-4EEC-8CA1-D88AF9501A9D at yahoo.com>Content-Type: text/plain;	charset=us-asciiI am a DX'er that also enjoys contesting.  I do not have a tower but my 1.5 acre property is ringed by 96 blow and bend in the wind 40 to 50ft pine trees.I am looking to improve my signal on 40 and 80 meters to the west and southwest for the ARRL Phone Sweepstakes contest. I am also looking at how I can also improve my signal to Europe for the DX contests.The wife likes the openness of our backyard so verticals in the middle of the yard would be frowned upon. I currently have a vertical off to the side of the house now.I have been considering building a low 40-50ft high reversible wire beam for 40 and 80.My other option is to use the trees for possible vertical arrays.I am not looking at doing something very permanent due to the possibility of moving in the next few years to a larger property.Thanks in advance,73s, -Eric-N3TD - "Touch Down" ------------------------------Message: 2Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 20:08:10 +0000From: "Mitchell, Dennis C" <dmitchell at alionscience.com>To: Eric Cary <Ecary2001 at yahoo.com>, "TowerTalk at contesting.com"	<TowerTalk at contesting.com>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna recommendation for a low power east	coastMessage-ID:	<1B5D01D7077E8E4FBFF5809A6838A76DD54015 at noc-mb3.alionscience.com>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"Eric -I agree..., the wife seems to be a problem...Mitch Mitchell K8UR-----Original Message-----From: TowerTalk [mailto:towertalk-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Eric CarySent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:04 PMTo: TowerTalk at contesting.comSubject: [TowerTalk] Antenna recommendation for a low power east coastI am a DX'er that also enjoys contesting.  I do not have a tower but my 1.5 acre property is ringed by 96 blow and bend in the wind 40 to 50ft pine trees.I am looking to improve my signal on 40 and 80 meters to the west and southwest for the ARRL Phone Sweepstakes contest. I am also looking at how I can also improve my signal to Europe for the DX contests.The wife likes the openness of our backyard so verticals in the middle of the yard would be frowned upon. I currently have a vertical off to the side of the house now.I have been considering building a low 40-50ft high reversible wire beam for 40 and 80.My other option is to use the trees for possible vertical arrays.I am not looking at doing something very permanent due to the possibility of moving in the next few years to a larger property.Thanks in advance,73s, -Eric-N3TD - "Touch Down"

I am thinking a bobtail array would be quite simple!

Warren; W7WY