[TowerTalk] Tower grounding

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 18 23:58:57 EDT 2013

On 7/18/13 12:43 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

> I didn't say it wasn't possible to do so.  I said that the majority of
> residential Ufer grounds in the footing bring the ground wire up to the
> breaker panel from outside the footing.

That's the way virtually all the ones here in Southern California are
done, and it's done with a wire laid in the trench with the rebar before
the pour.  I'm going to guess that they don't do the clamp to rebar is
because it takes more stuff to carry on the truck and probably takes
longer AND it requires two different trades to work together.

If the rebar guys do their work, and then later the electrical guy comes
by and lays the wire in along side, it's just easier.  They have a big
old spool of the bare wire on the truck,

The copper wire comes up through the concrete next to the conduits for
the underground utilities and winds up inside the garage wall, most likely.