[TowerTalk] TX-489 MDPL and mounting on another contrete base

Nathaniel Lee n1bnc at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 11:27:56 EDT 2013

Hello TT'ers,

I was curious if one ever installed one of these on another concrete base. I have a 4x5x5 that currently has rohn 25 sticking out of it but does NOT have any rebar installed within. Can one drill holes in the concrete and mount the tower base? The specs page talks about J bolts but those would not be feasible. The benefit of this base is that working on the antennas are facilitated by roof access.

My second thought is sucking it up and making a base for it but I have this beautiful pile of concrete that could be re-purposed.

Nat Lee
Somersworth, NH