[TowerTalk] Triex LM470 Recabling question

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Jul 29 14:56:45 EDT 2013

On 7/29/2013 2:48 PM, Brian Dresser wrote:
> I've ordered and received the replacement cable from Tashjian the cables for my lm470.  Only problem is my lm470 cable was one long piece whereas the ones Tashjian
sent are multiple pieces for each section.  My question to those who
have worked on these towers is will the multiple cables work with the
older 470?
I'm not sure where one would tie off each cable to the previous section.
  My cable was one long cable all interacting with each section
simultaniously.
Tashjian says it will work but how or where do the cables get tied off
then?  Is there an advantage to using multiple cables as opposed to one
long cable?
I understand the newer cables means the tower won't nest down quite as
far but other than that what are the differences or advantages to using
multiple cables if any?

Mine is like yours, so I'm interested in what you find out.

73

Roger (K8RI)