[TowerTalk] How high is enough

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jul 30 22:57:12 EDT 2013

On 7/30/2013 7:46 PM, Jim in Waco wb5oxq wrote:
> When choosing a height for a beam is 1/4 wave above ground at the lowest frequency enough?  1/2 wave?  I see Force 12 rating the gain on their beams at 74'1".

The best answers to your question are in the ARRL Antenna Book. It's a
real bargain, especially because it includes a CD with a starter version
of NEC, a nice program that computes loss in transmission lines, a Yagi
modeling program, and HFTA, which helps answer the question you just asked.

73, Jim K9YC