[TowerTalk] Mast recommendations?

Robert Fanfant rfanfant at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 4 20:19:57 EDT 2013

Our field day team is planning to put up a SteppIR 2 element yagi (~25 pounds). We'd like to mount the yagi  ~20-30 feet high and would like mast recommendations.  This is only a field day (i.e. once a year) event so cost is a factor, yet the mast should be strong enough so that we aren't out the price of a replacement antenna. Our field day location will be in eastern WA where we at times tend to get moderate winds (~10-20mph) coming through our campsite. Thoughts?

-rob N7QT