[TowerTalk] Mast recommendations?

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 00:50:01 EDT 2013

I like my 40' tilt-up rotatable mast, easily made from
inexpensive 1-1/4" Schedule 40 steel pipe + various
fittings.   Some simple welding is required.  Using a
falling derrick, one person can easily & safely tilt
it up/down. A few bodies make it go faster.  I've
used it several times since the early 1990s.

An 80m cage inverted vee and a 40m inverted vee
form the top guys. BW on 80m is almost 400 KHz, and
we tune it for 3500 to 3900 KHz. With a tribander
on top, it covers 80-40-20-15-10m.

Rob, see my links to drawings, detailed construction
info, photos, and a video clip (sent privately).

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC