[TowerTalk] Tower Jack?

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 09:44:58 EDT 2013

The Tower Jack was originally introduced to the market by Kenny Gill, ( real last name Guilliot), a friend of mine and a Ham in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He was also a studio musician for former governor Jimmie Davis who made numerous religious music albums and a few Country records. Kenny  also operated WKG, a school for people who wanted to work in the broadcasting field. Several years ago, Kenny retired from his businesses in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and moved to Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. He continued to produce and sell the Tower Jack  and the last time I saw it sold was at the Huntsville, Ala. Hamfest. Kenny was not there and a young man was representing Tower Jack at the Hamfest.

Kenny Gill fell into bad health and returned to Baton Rouge where he spent some time in a Nursing Home. Kenny died within the last two or three years.

I knew Kenny as a friend, and a fellow Ham whose interest was mostly in ATV.  I suppose the Tower Jack stopped being marketed as Kenny's health began failing. I have no idea if it was later marketed by anyone else. Hope this sheds a little light. 73, John, K5PGW