[TowerTalk] Tower Jack?

Jon Pearl - W4ABC jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jun 14 11:00:44 EDT 2013

On 6/14/2013 10:23 AM, Jim Lux wrote:

> Is it patented? Or require some unusual fabrication?

Apparently it's patented: http://www.superiormusic.com/towerjack.htm

*NOTICE !! /Tower Jack/ Products are patented under several United
States patents.
Manufacturing and selling of these products by anyone other than
Tower Jack Products of Mt. Juliet, TN is _strictly illegal_.*

I actually found a larger 'entire' picture on fleabay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rohn-type-tower-install-removal-tool-leg-alignment-jack-heavy-duty-radio-ham-/271216494401

> From the pictures I've seen, it seems that almost any metal
> fabrication shop could crank them out. Maybe not for the same price,
> but it sure doesn't look like it would be hard to make them.

One would guess that if your intention is not to sell them, you could
'one-off' a copy.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com