[TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589

Ian White gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Sat Jun 15 17:40:10 EDT 2013

Sorry, Rick, photographs of the Versatower lock plate on the web seem
hard to find. There are verbal descriptions on GM3WOJ's information
pages, <http://www.qsl.net/gm3woj/latticetower.htm>.  Scroll down to
Section 11.

But those descriptions are all about the single locking plate at the top
of the first (non-moving) section, taking the weight of the second
section and everything above it and thus removing tension from the
winching cable. The possibility of also locking the higher sections of a
Versatower is completely new to me, so I wonder how that can be done
from ground level.

73 from Ian GM3SEK