[TowerTalk] AR-22 Rotor

Steve Jones n6sj at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 12:08:49 EDT 2013

I turned my 2-element cubical quad with an AR22 years ago.  I had it mounted right on top of the tower with no thrust bearing.  The quad had an 8-foot boom and only about 3 1/2 square feet of wind load.  The AR-22 worked fine, but with any significant wind, it turned and I had to recalibrate the direction indicator.  That was annoying but I lived with it for a few years before getting a heavier duty rotor.

73,

Steve
N6SJ