[TowerTalk] AR 22

r miles greenacres113 at charter.net
Mon Jun 17 12:16:44 EDT 2013

My Dad had one in a tower many yr.s. Mounted down abt 6'. He turned a 6m
& 2m longjohn for many moons. Heavy winds would make it drift.
If it were me I'd be afraid to use it on a HF yagi. Of couse it'd  hold
better with a thrust bearing. The cost of one of them dudes could go
toward a heavier rotor. One of my towers has an old TR44 rotor which has
held a 12m two el yagi OK for yr,s. The TR 44 is a heavier version of
the AR22. No brake wedge.  But it's your call....

K9IL