[TowerTalk] What rotor should I use

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Jun 27 12:59:56 EDT 2013

Just look at the physics of it.  Whipping of the elements represents
stored energy, just as in a spring.  If that energy is released at the
end of travel it adds to the momentum of the elements that would
otherwise be due only to their mass.  I'm not saying that aluminum
elements don't whip, but any antenna with lots of whip is going to put
more stress on a rotator than an antenna with less whip ... assuming the
masses are equivalent.

By the way, given the material properties of fiberglass versus aluminum,
and without knowing the exact figures, I wouldn't be surprised to learn
that fiberglass elements also have more mass than comparable aluminum
elements.

73,
Dave   AB7E