[TowerTalk] Going for it!

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Jun 27 17:12:45 EDT 2013

I decided to bite the bullet and get a contractor for the tower.  I had
planned on doing a lot, but it's going to be some time before I get a
lot of use out of my left arm.  I did have a volunteer to dig the hole,
but the contractor will haul away the dirt, fix the ruts in the yard,
give me a quote on the rebar cage and get the concrete poured, as well
as taking it down at its present location and bringing it home.

Yah, it will cost more, but I'll save nearly a $1000 by not having to
pump the concrete.  In the end the cost isn't much more and money saved
was enough to get my wife to agree to the trucks in the North yard.

BTW I finally found the reason for the strokes.  It took wearing a
monitor for a few days, but the finally discovered that my heart goes
into Afib which can cause clots in the one chamber. When it goes back
into rhythm, it squirts out those clots which can migrate to the brain,
  They (Cardiologist, Neurologist, and Family Dr) figure they can
prevent that.

  Now if they'd discovered that a year ago, I would still be climbing
towers and flying airplanes.  Still there is a good chance they can
prevent another occurrence...I hope. Still, life carries no guarantees.

73,

Roger (K8RI)