[TowerTalk] M2 KT36XA SWR Problem

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 14:32:37 EDT 2013

My standard approach to troubleshooting KT-34 issues:

Connect a dc ohmmeter between the 10 meter and 15
meter trap capacitor outer tubes on each element half.
After correcting for ohmmeter lead resistance, the
total resistance should be less than 0.5 ohm. This
one measurement tests all of the critical connections
on each element half.

Then connect the ohmmeter across the two halves of
the rear driven element. Once again, it should read
less than 0.5 ohm. This one measurement tests all
the connections through the phasing straps, matching
assembly and balun.

Here is a collection of resonance data measured by several hams
for the KLM and M2 antennas:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/100250806/Larry-SV

Your measurement of 14.5 for the rear driven indicates that
something is wrong there.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA